Sunday, January 20, 2008

When Mother Visits




Mother is flying in for a visit on Tuesday and the race is on to prepare the house for her arrival. Big Daddy (and Critter too) helped me do my spring cleaning a little early this year. It's what we did the entire weekend and believe you me when I tell you that I'm tired. I'm so tired my dawgs are barking.

Okay, so I'm a neat freak but it hardly comes close to what my mother is. If there is a level or three above that, that's what she is. Though unintentional, Mother has my sister and I trained. We're like her little dogs. When she rings her little bell and announces that she will be coming for a visit, we start cleaning immediately. I don't think she actually does it, though I can't be certain, I think she goes around my house inspecting it for dust and dirt. She's like the cleaning Nazi. Me, I'm the athlete training daily for her once a year visit. Her visits are my Olympics and I'm just waiting to be judged.

Tomorrow is more of the same, but the cleaning schedule is not near as heavy as it was today. Much of it is done and I can take my time and not be so stressed, which is what always happens.



Big Daddy showing O how it's done - after Mama shows Big Daddy :)

1 comment:

Gail said...

great shots! And big ups to Big Daddy (and to the critter) for pitching in... wouldnt happen in my house.

Mothers, gotta love 'em. They reduce our adult selves into fearful silent children, ack! Throw some dirt around and let it be haha