Sunday, January 27, 2008

One Week Down

Well, I've managed to survive the first week of my Mama's 3 week visit. My sanity is intact..for now, but my bank account has taken a huge hit (by our standards at least).
She's a shopper..bless her heart. I, however, am not. I mean, I can do it and I'd like to do it IF I had oodles of money. I don't. A lot of what I've purchased aren't necessities in the sense that we need them to live, but it is nice to have a house that feels like a home with pictures and other things hanging up on the wall, curtains, or knick knacks to decorate with. We haven't had that since we lived in Oklahoma over 2 years ago. I'm not great at that sort of thing either. I know what I like, but I'm not the visionary Mother is. So..she designs..I spend and Big Daddy..well..he loses his mind.

There are a few plans for Mother's visit on the horizon. There is a short trip planned to San Antonio and Austin the week before she leaves. Big Daddy has to go there and do some business so we're tagging along to be tourists and the like. Knowing Mother, we'll probably end up shopping some (I'm leaving my check book at home though).
Other then that, her visit should be a quiet one. This week we'll do a bit of painting and putting up the pictures..strategizing for when I can afford to do some more decorating. It's a process.

Have I mentioned that I'm so tired these days? I miss my alone time too. One week down!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BETTER YOU THEN ME :)

Gail said...

hang in there, you can do it... it will all get better...and then you will have more alone time than you know what to do with!!

Anonymous said...

lol - I heard that kid!!!