Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dallas..The Real Windy City

I've never been to Chicago, but I think that I can say with some certainty that today (at least), Dallas is the Windy City.

I have no idea what the wind gusts are today (something like 50-60 mph I think - I'm no meteorologist though), but hot damn it's windy out. Today wasn't the best day to be out driving. I bet the guy (formerly) towing his camper behind his pick up wishes he had learned that lesson before today. I don't know the specifics of the accident, I was having trouble keeping my own vehicle on the road let alone be bothered to look around, but some guy had his camper flip over while getting on the interstate near my neighbourhood. I'm pretty sure the incident was wind related, THAT'S just how windy it is. No one was hurt, but it did back traffic up quite a ways. I'm just glad I was headed in the opposite direction.

And of course, today was trash day. My neighbourhood is filled with stupid people. Why in God's name do you not put a lid on your trash can if it's windy out? Why do you not secure your boxes down? Oh oh oh, better yet; why do you not securely close your trash bags so that when the wind picks up your trash bag and hurls it down the road, it doesn't open up and the garbage go flying EVERYWHERE?! Where is the common sense people? Oh yes, and if your bin gets knocked over and your trash spills out, at least have the decency to pick up your mess! Needless to say I was disgusted.



These pictures don't accurately depict how trashy the neighbourhood looked, in my opinion at least. They don't really do the scene justice. It was attrocious.
Also, I apologize for the sad photographs. I was a little busy dodging garbage cans, swirling trash, and the poor garbage men (God bless them) dutifully cleaning up the dirty diapers, food containers, paper, and everything else strewn about to really care about getting a good shot.

No comments: