Thursday, January 10, 2008

Distracted Much?

Despite having plenty to write today, I'm having a case of writer's block. I've been sitting here for the last half hour with a blank screen not knowing where to start. Or maybe I'm just easily distracted this morning? I look around my living room and see that the floor needs vacuuming; O has a huge pile of toys spilling out from his playroom (and he's only been up for an hour - it was neat and tidy when he got up); I just heard the washing machine stop. All of this crud is beckoning to me.."Muffy, oh Muuuufffffyyyy". Ughh. Then there is the matter of the little critter, who won't leave my side today for some reason too. Yup definitely distracted.

10:40 am - I'm hungry and now I'm distracted by food. Yesterday I started back on the treadmill and eating the way I should be (smaller portions and good for me carbohydrates). I feel better then when I'm lazy about my eating habits, but I always feel hungry in the first couple of weeks. Big Daddy says I don't drink enough water, and I don't, but baby steps I say. I drink as much as I can tolerate right now. Maybe I should have put drinking more water on my new year's resolution list.

Oh and there goes the buzzer for the dryer. Distracted again!

12:46 pm - So as I mentioned in my previous post, I've been apprehensive about this photography club I joined. I talked with Big Daddy about it after writing in my blog and it helped some. He helped me to see what was causing my anxiety and was very supportive about it too(it was only the third time I had tried to talk to him about it with very little..anything from him).

Word of the day kiddies..is distraction. The critter is supposed to be sleeping upstairs in his bed, but I can hear various bangs and bumps that mean he isn't. Time to sit in his doorway thereby forcing him to stay in bed and hopefully go to sleep.

No comments: