Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

Have you ever wondered where your kid comes up with some of the things they say?

Here is part of a conversation that Critter and I had this afternoon. I laughed so hard at what he said I nearly peed myself. My kid certainly has said some wacky things in his day.

ME: You're going to stay with me forever and be my baby, right? You won't leave me and get married, right?
CRITTER: Yep, I'm gonna stay with you and Daddy always. I'm not gonna get married and I'm not going to go to heaven and leave you.
ME: That's my boy! You make me so happy, you know that?
CRITTER: Yep. I love you Mama.
ME: I love you too buddy! You'll always be my baby.
CRITTER: Yep I sure will. I'm never going to leave you, ever never. And when I get bigger and stronger I'm going to have a baby too.

Here I change the conversation a little and try to explain to him about marriage and babies a bit more and I was really thinking he was starting to get the gist what I was saying.

CRITTER: I want to have a baby too. I want a baby now!

I guess he didn't get it, I'm thinking..or maybe I wasn't the one getting it right.

ME: Is it me you're wanting to have a baby?
CRITTER: Yes.
ME: Let me just get this straight, you want me to have another baby?
CRITTER: Yes!
ME: You know you wouldn't be the baby anymore if I had another baby. You'd be my big boy..a big brother.
CRITTER: Uh huh.
ME: So..do you want a baby sister?
CRITTER: No.
ME: A baby brother?
CRITTER: No.
ME: Then what do you want?
CRITTER: A PUPPY!

Whew, I dodged another bullet there!! But it certainly did bring up a whole other conversation which I'm sure he totally didn't comprehended either. Oh well, there's still lots of time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how come you removed my comments?

Erin said...

I didn't.

Anonymous said...

Oh, well they had something to do with puppy and a penquin and being brainwashed by his mama - lol