Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello 2009

Another holiday season has come and gone, bringing with it another new year.

This holiday season was passed with family. My Mama and Step-dad came down to celebrate Christmas with us and it was a wonderful time. Of course the boy was spoiled. He got almost everything he asked for - no puppy and no penguin.
New Year's Eve was passed quietly with our friends next door. Believe it or not, for the first time in a few years, we were actually awake long enough to ring in the New Year.

So here we are in another new year. I've given plenty of thought to my resolutions, but after some consideration..I've decided to make some goals for the 2009 year and not just resolutions. I looked back at the ones I made last year and I don't know that I can say I stuck to many..if any. I'm hoping that if I actually have goals - with clear and concise end results - I'll be more apt to accomplish what I'd like to.

So my goals for this year..

  1. Lose weight - 60lbs to be exact (ugh!)
  2. Get a job to help out the family - 2009 is going a tough year financially (I'm sure you'll hear more about that later)
  3. Get my genealogy material organized
  4. Make enough money to purchase my new loves - a Nikkon D90 and 24" iMac
  5. Get O into a preschool
  6. Keep a daily blog starting today - I write a ton, but 60% never sees this blog

I made some resolutions as well:

  1. Give my husband more credit for the things he does
  2. Give up control more
  3. Be better at managing the budget and record keeping
  4. Be a calmer person - a repeat from last year
  5. Educate myself more and not just being satisfied with knowing the bare minimum
  6. Help my child be a less angry boy

I'm optimistic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog - you are very good at it.

Really sound goals for 2009

Glad you are writing everyday - will almost be like I am there with you

Love
Mama