Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Did I say Spring?

There is a saying here in Texas: "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes. It's sure to change". What CRAZY weather we are having here. We've gone from mid 70 degree weather this weekend with a tornado watch Sunday evening and then last night, we had this:



Big Daddy was at a meeting last night and Critter was asleep, but I couldn't help myself. I did what any Canadian would have done. I got dressed up in my winter gear and went for a walk to the corner (skipping all the way of course) and then made snowmen for O and Superstar. I was a little kid again! :D

We had a pretty decent snow too. I think we got about 6" (maybe less) of snow total. I shoveled out the driveway and de-iced it for Big Daddy (what a good wife I am, huh?) who was still out. I even helped our buddy nextdoor get his vehicles into the driveway as the roads were pretty slick. I don't typically like snow, but I felt alive after my time outside in the storm. It was if I had been transported back to Canada and I easily got lost in the crunch of my foot falls as I walked along the sidewalk, my face slightly tipped to the sky. The joyful sound of children playing out in the snow was the only other sound to be heard and the air..! What a smell. Do you now that snow has a scent?! :) It smells like a crisp, pure, clean, fresh smell.



This morning was as equally glorious. I had an early start and I was able to get out and take a pleasant walk all by myself. The Critter was still asleep when I returned and I eventually had to wake him up, but the whole family went outside and had fun playing in the snow! Too bad it's already melting. From below freezing to mid 50's today. Like I said..don't like the weather? Just wait.


3 comments:

teri michelle said...

Awww man! You got snow!! And all we got was frosted over windshields. I'm pouting; just wanted to let you know. *heh*

O is so adorable woman! OMG can't wait to get up there and wrap that little critter in a bear hug. *teehee*

Love you! and am so glad you got to play in the snow. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss it!

=]

lots of love right back'acha ;-]
me~
xoxo

Gail said...

WOWsers!!! stunning, love the pix, and hoooooooooow cute is that kid! my word!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other comments
O-dog is cute. I am glad he got to play in the snow but he needs to come to his northern roots and experience Canadian snow lol.