Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Busy Bees

There is lots to write about here, but very little time over the next few days to do so. Today O and I had a play date..which was wonderful (thank you J, Sig, DD, and Gab). A friend of mine from high school, his wife and family moved down here last year and we've managed to squeeze in a couple of play dates between some pretty busy schedules. They were here the day after Christmas and so it was our turn to go there.
I love our next door neighbour's company, but it's always nice to meet and spend time with other people as well, Sig is good people. I really enjoy her company and think she is a very lovely woman. So..we chatted and got to know each other better while the kids played. We took them to the park and then enjoyed a nice dinner when J got home from work. I basically had to drag the little critter out of the toy room and take him home. I think he was having a blast playing with DD and J (who was playing with the boys like Big Daddy would have done if he had been around).

Tomorrow we are off to the zoo with our friends next door and Mrs. Coach's sister and kids. They all get along great and so we thought we'd take them to see the animals, something they all haven't done in a while.

I'm also working on another surprise project in the house. I haven't told Big Daddy yet, though he knew I was wanting to do it sometime. I'm sure he just didn't expect me not to be done by the time he got back. I'm refinishing our kitchen table and chairs seeing the finish on them now is wearing. I've sanded them all down and now I'm going to paint them. And yep..I don't think I'll have it done by the time Big Daddy gets home. Not with the cleaning and watching the boy. There is just that little time it seems. I was planning on having gotten the stuff yesterday and started painting last night but will all of the storms and flooding we had in the area that I just saved it for today. But of course I didn't get anything done today as we didn't make it home from our play date until an hour ago. So I've got a lot to do. You think maybe Big Daddy won't notice if they aren't done when he gets home? Yeah..that's what I thought too. Oh well.

I'm off to bed now. Tomorrow will be another early start. Night Night folks.

4 comments:

Gail said...

How exciting, I love projects. Good luck with getting them finished. What colour are you painting them?


How was the zoo?

Erin said...

I hit a snag with the re-do..darn high-gloss paint. Black. Not very exciting, but I like the sleek look of high-gloss paint.

The zoo? Well..let's just say it wasn't a good day at all, but that's another story my friend.

I hope that things are going better for you than they are for me.

Kelkat said...

You have a blog?! It's great too :)
What a great layout. Love it. Will try to pop on from time to time. Mine has kind of fallen to the wayside...such is life. Busy, busy.

Erin said...

Thanks Kel! I check your blog out as well, though I had noticed that you hadn't written anything in a while. I understand completely..life is busy and sometimes something has to give.

I hope all is well with you and the family.