Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby Fever..

After much deliberation on whether to have another baby or not, my family and I are thrilled to share with you guys that we in fact have a new addition to announce. I just found out today and couldn't be more pleased!! Here is his or hers first picture:



(Sorry Kid..ha ha ha..I couldn't help myself.)


Pretty much from the time we moved in to our home here in Texas, we've shared our land with a shy, loyal, little jack rabbit and now it seems, she has added to her family. We've often seen her about, sunning between our house and our friend's house next door. That was much earlier this year and we thought then she was having babies..or dead (she wasn't moving at all, even when we approached). No babies were to be found - until today that is.
I had considered finishing my weed eating, but decided to pull the weeds by hand. Very ambitious of me, huh? I was glad I did because I came across this little guy/girl while going to pull one of the weeds out (as you can see from the way the little guy is shrouded in greenery). If I had used the weed eater instead, I would have seen the baby a little too late and well..you know. I would have traumatized my kid, and me too I'm sure, FOREVER. I would have been known on the streets as Muffy..the bunny rabbit killer! The Easter bunny would skip us each year for sure. Now how would I have explained that one to Critter?

1 comment:

Gail said...

Ah you were inspired to skip the weedeater. Thank goodness! Look at that lil cutie!
I am glad you will not be known as Muffy the bunny rabbit killer from this day forward. haha