Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another First

Critter went to his first birthday part on Saturday. DD, the son of our friends J and Sig, turned the big 0-4! I must admit, I was a little excited for O, this being his first party and all (I may have even gone a little overboard with all the pictures I took, but if you repeat any of what I just said..I'll deny it!!).




Big Daddy and I had agreed earlier in the week to slightly change O's schedule so that he could get a decent sized nap in and go to the party all happy. We should have known better right? Nothing ever goes as planned with a toddler in the house. My stubborn boy would just not go to sleep for his Daddy and it wasn't until I got home from running some errands and turned on his music for him, did he got to sleep.

He was a real mess when we got there, even though he was happy to see DD, Gabs, and Sig. That boy would cry and do everything you told him not to do..the reason? He was hungry. In our rush to get the boy up from his nap and get to the party on time we forgot to give him something to eat, which of course made everything unpleasant. With a little bit of food in his belly, he morphed back into my sweet, fun boy and had a great time!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Congratulations Critter. It looks like a fun par tay.
let this be a lesson to all, feed the kid feed the kid feed the kid.

If only feeding my kid would turn him from nasty to nice.

*sigh