Monday, December 31, 2007

Just Another Day

It's another quiet night at our house. O is asleep in bed while Big Daddy rests on the couch and watches football. I too am in bed, but as you can see, I'm taking a little me time to read blogs and write a post of my own.

We are not New Years Eve people, not even before O arrived on the scene. I think it has something to do with the fact that neither of us are big drinkers. Okay, so that's not all because of that. We have friends and enjoy spending time with them, it's just that most live a thousand miles or so away and I personally feel that's what NYE is all about, being with friends. Have I mentioned that I loath crowds? Another reason that we don't go out to celebrate.
Big Daddy says we don't go out for NYE because I'm a bit of a home body. I suppose that I am to some extent, but I don't see any reason to leave the house (except to go to a friend's house maybe) to drink to wait up until midnight to blow horns and make a whole lotta noise. We blow horns and make a TON of noise here on a daily basis. It's called having a toddler (though there really should be a holiday for that). I like celebrating New Years in my jams..fast asleep. It makes for a well rested, less moody, more tolerable Muffy. If only I could get my Mother and sister to work with me on that.

We participate in a few New Years traditions though. We leave food on the table so we'll be blessed to have food on our table in the next year (it's a good thing the furry babies don't like human food). We sleep with a dollar bill in the pocket of our jams so we'll always have money in our pockets (honestly..who makes p.j.'s with pockets?) And the last tradition is eating cabbage on New Years day, which for us is usually coleslaw. I can't stand cooked cabbage. Elch!

My New Year Resolutions - yep I make'em:
* To get better at finishing what I start.
* Be a gentler person.
* Learn to see things positively rather than negatively all the time.
* Learn a new craft.
* Get back on the treadmill and lose the weight I want (read finish what I started).
* Be a better wife and mother (yep, believe it or not, I'm not perfect).
* Build a garden.
* Get involved.
* Get pictures and other things up on the walls.
* To be a more giving person.

2 comments:

Gail said...

I found you!
Hi, I am going to link to your blog if oyu don't mind. I am looking forward to learning more about you through this medium. Oh how I love the "good" the internet can bring.
Happy New Year and I love your goals for the year. Mine are not to go insane and not to kill anyone haha I hope I make it :)

Erin said...

So glad you did! What a treat it was to get on here this afternoon and find all these wonderful comments from you. I was like a kid in a candy store to be quite honest. :) Thank you!!

I'm sure you will! I've got faith in you. If you ever need to vent, you know where to find me.