Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Strange and Unusual

I, Muffy, must admit that I am fascinated by strange and unusual things. I don't know why, I just..am. So when I read this title on msnbc, I had to follow the link and take a look: "Python stalks, eats family dog in front of kids". When I clicked on the link, up popped the story and a video. Surely the family didn't tape the snake ingesting the poor dog?!

Link to the story

After reading it I was slightly disappointed (that the story wasn't as strange or as unusual as I thought it was going to be), in awe (that a 16 ft python eats what it eats - though I guess a tiny little rat wouldn't cut it for such a large snake..logical enough), yet relieved (that the parents of the children didn't video the certainly horrific [for the kids] event).

But come on folks..you see this huge snake stalking your dog for 3 days..on your property, you've got little kids, your other animals have gone missing, and you do nothing until the dang thing eats your pet..right in front of you no less?! We may not have any wild pythons where I live, but we have big cats and coyotes roaming around these here parts. If these guys get caught stalking animals on your property..or are even simply caught on your property..bye bye. I know I wouldn't mess around with a potentially dangerous animal. That to me is strange and unusual.

No comments: