Saturday, February 23, 2008

Photograph Pack Rat

Tonight I've been going through all of the photographs I've taken over the years. I'm looking for pictures to put up on the walls, now that we've been here a year and I'm finally confident that we aren't moving any time soon (It's funny what 10 years of moving around a lot will do to a person's mindset). But, all that really isn't the point. I noticed something about all of the pictures I've kept..most of them aren't that good. It doesn't have anything to do with not being a master photographer or getting a studio quality, posed picture. While many are doable for a family photo album, most should be deleted. I haven't been selective at all in what I've kept. I couldn't even keep count of how many were blurry or simply..not a good shot to begin with. How sad.

While I'm not a pack rat when it comes to having all sorts of knick knacks and clutter in my house (in fact I'm quite the opposite), I seem to be a photograph pack rat..keeping almost everything that I shoot. I've been so afraid that I won't have enough shots in that particular set if I get rid of the sub par ones. Don't ask me why.

Tonight it's all about purging, being subjective, and letting go. It's quality..not quantity. Perhaps I'll share some with y'all once I have.

No comments: