Monday, February 11, 2008

Finally..

Big Daddy has a "confirmed" date for his departure to China. I hesitate to even mention it really because when I do, something seems to happen and he is delayed yet again. As it stands now, he is scheduled to leave March 2nd but I'm holding my breath until he is actually on the plane.
There have been so many delays. He was originally slated to leave in July of last year, but that was an overly ambitious guess by his company. Then it was September/October..again too ambitious. Shortly after Christmas Big Daddy got the call that said it would likely be the second week in Janurary. No more then a week later it was again delayed for another week and the next day it became the end of January. The day after that..it became a "well, we don't think you should go because of Chinese New Year. It could be too dangerous. Give it a couple of weeks". I'm very grateful that they were concerned about my husband's safety, but come on people..we are trying to have a life here. Make up your dang minds already! During this lull, the Bejing area had it's worst winter storm in history! It dumped tons of snow in the region and the new office that Big Daddy's company had just built, had the roof cave in because of the weight of the snow. So that delayed things yet AGAIN. Do you see a pattern here?

So here we are. They are finally ready for Big Daddy and his co-worker; Chinese New Year is over and they should be safe; and the weather has improved from what I hear. I'm holding my breath, but today..everything is still a go. We'll see what tomorrow holds.

No comments: