Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ms. Pac-man Goes to Wal-mart

The subdivision that we live is a relatively new one, opening I believe in '04. While we aren't a huge neighbourhood, there is still a good several open lots without anything on them. A few months or so ago, they had started doing some work on 2 of the 3 lots left on my street. Dirt was brought in and the beginnings of the beginnings were done. Time passed and nothing more had been accomplished, until this week that is. More and more work has been done on these two lots and today, the foundation and driveway of one of the houses was poured today.

Needless to say my street was bombarded with cement trucks, though much to the delight of the little critter. I wouldn't have had much of a problem with them, if we hadn't had the need to make a trip to Wal-mart this morning. Three cement trucks were blocking our usual route so we opted (like we had a choice) to head the other way when we met up with another cement truck at the OTHER end of the street..trying to back up around cars. I have no idea what he was doing, but he about ran us over. Turning the corner, up ahead was another concrete truck pulled over slightly blocking the intersection I needed to turn at. At that moment I was feeling a bit like Ms. Pac-man trying to out run the ghosts or something. Finally, the truck moved out of the way just as another one was pulling up to the corner I was turning at..on my side no less. I started to get a little peeved at that point. It had already been a week of dealing with big trucks and the fact that they seem to have little respect for the smaller cars on the road (a whole other story).

So, to make a long story short, I'm tired of seeing the construction trucks on my street and it's only just begun really.

1 comment:

teri michelle said...

heheh you sound like me....I get tired of offending sites like the cement trucks as well....especially when they block a view or route that normally relaxes me...

love you~
me~
xoxo