Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Little R&R for Mama

Today is a Mama day. A day in which I get to do whatever I want without having to worry what my toddler or my husband is up to. It's so quiet here right now that I almost hate to spoil my blissful silence and make me some breakfast..a little late, but I'm lounging. It's MY day after all. Critter and Big Daddy have gone out for the morning, to where..I don't know..or care. I do know however that Big Daddy is in good hands. When they return, the little critter will nap and Big Daddy will do his own thing which means more time for me to just..be.

Things I plan to do today: do a couple of loads of laundry (not my idea of fun and relaxation, but hey they need to be done), sort through pictures, soak in my tub, read, putter around out in the garage..tidying, watch the second part of Gone With The Wind, make a list of house projects I want to do, go for a walk around my neighbourhood, and take some pictures.

2 comments:

Gail said...

happy mama day!!! enjoy it for all its worth. I love mama days, they are so rare but I relish them when they come along.
Cant wait to see your remaining pix.
I am extremely cut throat with my photos. If its not a good exposure, and in focus, its gone. I regularly cull my work snd become constantly embarrassed how many I delete. haha
good luck!

Erin said...

Thanks Gail. I did enjoy, although I didn't do half the things I had planned to do LOL, but I guess that's part of having a day to do with whatever you please.

Ah, but do you take an insane amount of photos at one time. I think that's where part of my problem is. I don't take enough pictures when I've got the camera out so I feel almost obligated to keep them all.
Another reason is because if the shot wasn't blurry, it would have been a great photograph and so I keep it, hoping that it will magically un-blur. :) I don't know.