Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Will The Real Critter Please Stand Up..

Yesterday I made a trip to the dentist's office..not for me, but for the little Critter. He was amazing..for a 2 and 1/2 year old. It was his first trip to see the dentist and after a shaky start, he finished up his exam like a champ! I was so proud. No yelling! No screaming, kicking, hitting or fighting! I was so blown away that he wasn't putting on a show that I almost had to wonder if it was in fact my child!

It went so well that our dentist was able to put his finger in O's mouth and I was able to brush his teeth - for a few seconds at least - with the cool dentist spiny tooth brusher thingy. O cooperated long enough that one of the staff was even to get some semblance of an x-ray.

The best part of that first trip to the dentist? The Critter is excited to go back again. I wonder if it's because of the cool toy car he got while there or the sweet receptionist that took a real shining to him?

1 comment:

Gail said...

what a blessing.
I am sure that wont be the case in my household! argh.