Friday, May 9, 2008

Go Ahead..Make My Day

I helped save the life of a child yesterday..or at least that was what the telemarketer on the other end of the line said when I made my donation to the Make-A-Wish foundation. She wasn't as impressed when I told her it wasn't the first time I saved a child's life today.

I sat back with a little chuckle. Little did that sweet lady know that I let my kid live today. That's the same as saving it..right? Seeing as it's my story, we'll just go with that. :) So...anyways..Critter drove me up one wall, down the other, and waaaaaaaay around the bend. I do believe I was in tears a couple of times.
I wouldn't say that it was totally and completely his fault, but maybe 98%. I'm tired. I'm bored and I haven't had any time away from this kid in well over a year. I'm ready for a bit of a break I think, but that's only a small part of yesterday's issue. Yesterday, my kid was a button pushing freak! He was pushing one button after another and trying to assert his self as the alpha dog. It made for a very looooong and tiresome day..a day that ended with me sitting out on the porch with an ice cold malted beverage.

All I can say is Thank You God for getting Big Daddy home when you did and thank you Smirnoff for a lovely evening. Amen.

1 comment:

Gail said...

misery does love company!

we all had a stinker in our midst it seems.... heres to the return of our lovelies! Cheers!