Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bed Bug

So it's been a few days and I can't say that I'm feeling all that much better. I mean, I feel better to some extent, but I'm no where near where I thought I would be in my recovery from Wednesday's surgery.

I never anticipated that I would have this much discomfort from such a short and simple procedure. But here I am at the end of day 4 and I'm still unable to sit in a chair for more then a few minutes and very awkwardly at that. Can you believe that? For dinner I sit with one cheek on the chair, the other off as my opposite leg braces my body weight. Thank the good Lord we have bar stool height table and chairs or I'd be stuck standing to eat.
I'm still bleeding, which I'm not sure is normal or not. Given the location of my surgery I'm inclined to think that this might all a part of the healing process. Of course I'm not bleeding copious amounts, but I think I'm still going to give the doc a ring in the morning just to be safe. I'm a little unsure of this sort of thing.

It's a totally random thought, but I wonder if I'll get my period this next time?

So the only things that I'm excelling at are laying down and having multiple, daily, long, hot baths (laying out in the tub of course). B.D. is complaining because I'm using all the water. I guess he shouldn't have coerced me into having this surgery then.

That's about all for now kiddies. I'm off to take me a pain pill so I can finally get a good night's sleep. Between my body working against me, some discomfort, O waking me up in the middle of the night screaming and crying because of night terrors and B.D. jostling the bed, I'm just not sleeping well. Maybe tonight will be my lucky night.

No comments: