Monday, June 30, 2008

The Q..

Today is our first day in Albuquerque, NM and so far it's shaping up to be a great day. Originally, we had planned to stop a couple of hours outside of the city but the trip wasn't as long as Big Daddy had thought. Don't tell that to O though who was pretty well behaved on the 9 hour(11 hour total with stops)drive.

But in true Critter fashion, the boy fell asleep 35-40 minutes from our hotel having not had a nap the entire trip. But in spite of the brief sleep he did have, the boy didn't fall asleep until 11pm (10pm local time - did I mention that we're now Mountain Time?). The kid has stamina that's for sure.


We're in a great hotel in the old part of town. Old Town Albuquerque was established in 1706 and many of the old buildings..and church..are still standing. That's where Critter and I are headed this morning actually. Most of the buildings have been converted into shops and so we're going to take in the history and the local culture. I can't say that O will be real thrilled about the shopping/history stuff, but it does get him out in the stroller which he is always happy about.


Speaking of our great hotel..you should see the view! We have two different views even. One is of the Sandia Mountains and the other is of Downtown and Old Town, Albuquerque. This morning I was fortunate to take some nice pictures in the earlish morning light. We were already passed sunrise, but the sun hadn't yet come up over the mountains and so the light was still soft. I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll wake a tad earlier to capture an even more stunning sunrise. The sky was also littered with hot air balloons early on. We are, after all, in the hot air balloon capital and it's no surprise why.

It's gorgeous here..in an ugly sort of way. I mean, with 310 days of sun (though sure enough..it was storming like crazy when we got here last night) and very little rain, there isn't a great deal of greenery.

Okay..so we're off to go exploring. I apologize for the size of the pictures. Big Daddy's computer doesn't have my photo editing software on it, so I haven't edited or resized the images. I promise to do so when we get home..cross my heart. More details on the Q later. Bye y'all.

2 comments:

Gail said...

FUN! I love road trips. glad y'all safe and sound. have fun.

Gail said...

where are you????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!