Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Potty Talk

I guess it's time. Critter is ready for potty training. The only problem is..I'm not. I want O to be potty trained, truly. Nothing would make me happier in fact. Think of all the money we would save! So, my problem you ask? I'm a bit of a neat/clean freak. I am (I come by it honestly, don't I Mama?) and with all of the messes that I'm sure will occur, I'm a little hesitant. I know he's a little kid. I know this is what happens when you're potty training. I get all that. It doesn't mean I have to like it though.

I've decided that I need The Potty Whisperer. Really, that's what they call her! It's a nurse from Chicago and in 5 hours..she has your kid potty trained. 5 HOURS!! Can you believe that? No fuss! Mo messes! I'd kill for a potty training experience like that. Unfortunately, it's not a possibility for us, but a parent can dream, right?

Instead, I'll be the one to do the majority of the training. I'm thinking though, that it would be best to wait until the end of the summer..after we've gone on our vacations. O is prone to to crazy stuff while he is away from his house and his own things and I'm wondering if our being away is going to throw him off his game. I guess we'll find out, won't we?

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Gail said...

I do wish you luck, lots and lots of it. Im starting the same task in August. Im waiting until we get back from our trip to the UK. One thing about teaching them to use the toilet is that whenever you are out you have to find one immediately. And some stores are not always so willing to let your kid use the bathroom there. It's a great change being out of diapers... but for a while its kind of a pain because it's not so easy when you are away from home - driving or shopping and such.
Again - good luck!

Erin said...

Thanks Gail! We've got ourselves a couple of big trips coming up ourselves and so I'm a little apprehensive, but I want to get it done before we go (fingers crossed)..or at least started anyways.