Monday, June 16, 2008

Potty Training - Day 1

9:30 am - We've already had 3 accidents, 2 pants peeing and 1 poop. Hard to imagine for a kid who has only been up for an hour and a half. Fortunately for me, Ms neat/clean freak, It's all happened while we were outside.

10:25 am - Another pee accident and this too was outside. O had just gotten off of the potty, gotten dressed and headed outside so that we could go pay our water bill and then go swimming. Low and behold, when I went to strap him into his car seat..he was wet! He hadn't even been dressed more than 5 minutes.

1:15 pm - Guess what? O had another accident. This time though he told me while he was peeing. That's progress, right? That's what I keep telling myself at least. It happened about 10 minutes after we sat down to eat lunch..15 minutes since he had been sitting on the potty (with no success obviously).

So as you can see, potty training hasn't been much of a success at all. We've now been through all 6 pairs of his britches and it's only been half the day. I guess six wasn't enough, huh? So..the kid is in bed for a nap (I'm sure..happy as a lark he's got a diaper on) and I'm doing his laundry. Obviously we're headed out after his nap to purchase some more. I am NOT going to be doing laundry every day!

At least both he and I are in a good mood and staying positive. I was even happy to hear the sad lilt in his voice as I was taking him off the potty to get ready for nap time, "I didn't pee in the potty, Mama." "No, you didn't baby, but you can try again when you get up from your nap." "Yeahhhhhhh!"

2 comments:

Gail said...

hey, have you read "toilet train in one day"? I know a lot of the modern methods of training talk about not going anywhere for a week, its putting the kid under too much pressure... and the MAMA! i would add lol.

Thats the method Im going to use with Mac, lets see how it goes haha

Gail said...

you dont do laundry everyday?????

Man, you are so lucky! 2-3 loads a day here, including sat and sun or I cant catch up.... grrrrrrrrr

tiny italian washers haha