Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Inside the Mind of My (previously) 3 Year Old

Have any of you ever wondered what was going through the mind of your child at any given moment. I do and often. There are times when I look at my son, when he doesn't think that I'm watching him, and I catch him day dreaming with this secret smile gracing his lips. He's lost in his thoughts and whatever they are, they bring this joyous happy look to his face! It's amazing really.
One day this past March, I decided I would see if I could get some insight as to what goes on in that brain of his. I sat down with him and asked him some questions that I found on a friend's facebook. I thought that it would be interesting to see what his answers were even if I wasn't certain that he would completely understand what I was asking him. Here are our questions and answers:


1. What is something mom always says to you?
Get out of the way

2. What makes mom happy?
Cleaning up

3. What makes mom sad?
Dumping clothes out of the laundry basket

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
The poop game - pretend ocean creatures are pooping out other ocean creatures on his head in the bathtub.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
A girl

6. How old is your mom?
3 like I am

7. How tall is your mom?
You're big, 300 feet

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Clean up

9. What does your mom do when you are not home?
Work

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Work

11. What is your mom really good at?
Saying no to the dog

12. What is your mom not good at?
I don't know

13. What does your mom do for a job?
Movie Star

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
quesedillias or tacos

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
I don't know

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Chomper's Mama - from The Land Before Time

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Fish

18. How are you and your mom the same?
We're white

19. How are you and your mom different?
I'm a boy and you're a girl

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
You give me jelly beans

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
He's stinky

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Wal-mart and Ohio State

Six months have come and gone, but I still thought it would be interesting to see what his answers are to these same questions now and so stay tuned for the next installment.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Now that made me giggle!

I'll have to ask Mac.