Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hello..is it Me You're Looking For..

So..many moons have passed since I blogged about..well..anything really. But, as you might have read in yesterday's post, I'm back from my hiatus. Things are at a dull roar here, my computer issue is beyond fixed and I've found my desire to write once more.

Much has gone on in the past months that I wanted to share with you kiddies. It's by no means anything to be over the moon about, just some things that I thought were worth sharing. For instance I had the opportunity to take a vacation with my sisters to New York City. No children. No husbands. It was utterly fantastic and just what I needed.

We also had to find a new home for that little bundle of cuteness that I wrote about back in February. While we loved our pup, we just weren't the right mix for each other. Even though O still cries over him every now and again, the pup has a wonderful home with other dogs and ponds to play in.

I started "working" again this year. I say I work, I mean I do get paid, but my kid does most of the work. To help supplement some of the money that Big Daddy loses each month, I decided to watch some children after school for a few hours each day. It doesn't pay much, but it covers the part of B.D.'s salary that was cut.

Our neighbours/ best friends moved 20 minutes away to another town. It doesn't seem like much, but when you are used to seeing each other every day, the distance becomes quite pronounced. While we still see them a few times a month, it's just not the same. I miss them! :(

Religion has always been a part of my life, whether I believed in it or not. But for Big Daddy it is something relatively new to him. A few years back he went to a church when we lived in another state. He was curious about God and religion and so he thought he should see what it was all about. Sadly, the experience left such a bad taste in his mouth that I didn't think I would ever see him step foot in another church again. I'm happy to say that this year has found him going to church every Sunday and was he even baptized at Easter time!

So that's the reader's digest version of what's been going on here. There is some more to tell you about, but those things I mentioned I believe to be the biggies. And frankly, I'm tired tonight and I should be getting myself to bed. I had O sleeping with me last night (B.D. is away working again - at least some things don't change, huh?) and it made for a slightly tiresome day.

So farewell and goodnight kiddies. I look forward to blogging to you more!

1 comment:

Gail said...

wow, big news on the Big Daddy gettin' religion front. Bravo Big Daddy.

Seems like y'all are moving along nicely though.