Thursday, November 13, 2008

My 100th Post!!

It's another day in paradise. The sun is out. It's another warm day - warm enough for shorts actually. The critter is in a relatively decent mood and I've had the luxury of spending the majority of the day outside (which is where I'm typing from). Of course I was working - doing some yard work. And to be perfectly honest, not everything was peaches and cream. There were a couple of exceptions to my lovely day: the bugs and the highly annoying yappy dogs next door.

It's the time of year when the weather should be turning cooler and while I've had a couple of cool days, we are still having days/weeks in the high 70's. This is sooooo not me complaining, but the one good thing about the cooler weather is that the bugs disappear. And I'm tired of them. Just a few minutes ago, some attack bug bit the living tar out of my neck and left a lovely welt. I feel violated! The attack bug was the least of my worries. The fire ants are still going strong in my yard and it took the rest of the bag of fire ant killer (the 4th in 2 months) to kill that mound. I'm ready to be done with them needless to say.

We're good neighbours. We take care of our yard. We clean up any of the garbage we see. We aren't having parties every weekend and we aren't a rowdy bunch. So, why is it that we get stuck with the crummy neighbours (save for Coach and the Mrs)? The house to the left of us was vacant for several months and what a glorious time that was. Our current neighbour is a woman in her 20's and her sister. They seem nice enough. They too are quiet and unobtrusive people. Sure their lawn needs better taking care of, but I don't hold that against them. What I loath..is their dogs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE dogs, but not yappy dogs that bark ALL THE TIME! I suppose I could get over the whole barky dog thing if the dogs weren't out every minute of every day. It makes being outside in the back yard overly unpleasant - especially if Big Daddy is out there too. His patience for them is far less then mine and then, not only do I have to listen to the yappy dogs but my grouchy husband as well. At least today it was just the yappy dogs.

Well, O is done playing in the sandbox and as usual..is covered in sand from head to toe. It's I round him up and take him off to bath so he can at least look a little respectable like. Say goodbye to my back yard for now. With any luck, I'll be fortunate enough to blog from there again tomorrow.


No comments: