Friday, November 28, 2008

Busted Bubbles

This morning, I woke up to the delicious sound of a gentle rain falling outside my window. I snuggled even further down under the covers and rolled over to snuggle with Big Daddy, but he wasn't there. It's then that I remembered with a chuckle that my courageous husband had risen early to brave the rabid Black Friday shoppers. So I rolled back over and snuggled down deep, all ready to go back to sleep when I heard the shrill cry of the critter, "I want juice"! What manners on the kid, right? What can I say, he's in his horrific three's. So of course my lazy, sleep in, snugly, warm morning is dashed. Gone is the turkey induce euphoria from yesterday's Thanksgiving. It's been replaced by with this sense of urgency I normally feel around the holidays. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.

This weekend, as our tradition goes, is the time when we put up the Christmas tree and outdoor lights. With all this wet, rainy, cold weather we're getting today I think we'll save the outdoor stuff until tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a much nicer day.
Speaking of trees, our faux tree is starting to look pretty shabby. It'll do again this year. Money doesn't grow on trees in these here parts, but trees sure do cost a fortune these days! We've window shopped and for the size that we want (7-8') it's over $200..for a fake tree!! Big Daddy thought it would be nice if I had a real tree like the ones from my childhood, but even those are pricey. If we didn't have 9' ceilings and there weren't gaping holes in our tree it would be a none issue. Again..oh well. If we didn't have Critter, I'd get us a Charlie Brown tree.

No comments: