Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day of Thanks

I can hardly believe it, but I actually have some time to come online and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving this year. I've spent part of the morning cooking and prepping, but my meal is pretty simple this year. Thanks to my neighbours, I only have to cook part of the Thanksgiving meal, and I got the better end of the deal if I do say so myself. I've taken on the ham, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and all of the rolls, corn bread and biscuits. It may sound like a lot but it hasn't taken much time at all really. My neighbour is cooking up the rest of our Thanksgiving feast, including a huge turkey.

In all of our Thanksgiving dinners together, it has predominantly been just my husband and I. We live quite a distance from any family and so getting together is rather difficult (not to mention costly). Last year I didn't have to cook a thing, which was nice, as we made the trip to see my husband's family to celebrate. This year we were back on our own again and I wasn't particularly looking forward to getting up early to prepare all the fixin's for just us and our 2 year old son. It hardly seemed worth it, so I was glad when our neighbour suggested getting together and splitting the meal between our families. They too live many miles from their family and I thought it a great idea to share this occasion with them.

There are a few things I'm thankful for this year. Most everyone of our friends and family have good health and a happy life. There are two friends of ours that have been diagnosed with cancer this year and we send them our love, support, and prayers. Another thing that I am particularly thankful for is the bright, shining, happy-go-lucky, adorable boy of mine. While he is most certainly in his terrible two's he is the light of my life and I will forever be grateful to God for such a blessing. Last but certainly not least, I'm thankful for the love and support of my terrific husband. He never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: