Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Glimpse Into The Future

I think today I got a glimpse into the future of my son's life. It wasn't some big ah ha moment where I saw my son heading off to chase his dreams. It was actually something far simpler and a great deal more silly.
I instantly wished I had had my camera with me or my phone at the very least to capture the moment for prosperity.

This morning, the boy and I headed off to a friend's house to look after her two children and nephew. These are my son's very best friends and when they get together it's always something to behold (good and bad). Today we spent most of the morning outside playing. The kids were having a blast riding on bikes, throwing a ball around, chasing each other, and riding around on the battery powered kid vehicles. There I am lounging in a chair, soaking up the sun, my eyes closed and head back minding my own business really when I hear the laughter of 3 little boys, one say "hop on" and the gunning of an electric motor. More laughter ensued. Of course I opened my eyes to see what was going on and that's when I caught a glimpse of the future. There was my son, bottle (of water) tipped up as he drank while one of his buddies drove and the other straddled the hood of his sister's pink Barbie jeep. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if 10-15 years from now if I see the same scene before me except with a real vehicle.

Now that is a scary thought!

No comments: