Friday, October 24, 2008

I could very well be losing my mind..

So..I've been considering going back to work, right? Well, not work-work like I did in my former life (read: before having Critter), but a paying gig none-the-less. I've been wanting to go out and get a job away from the house for a few months now; not that staying home with my son hasn't been fantastic. It's just time, yanno? And while I've looked at jobs from said former life (one that I could do from home) I would still be taking away valuable time together with my boy.
So after some discussion with my other half, I've turned to babysitting as a way of bringing extra money into the house. It serves to fill most every need and purpose - except the somewhat coveted time away from the house and more adult connections. But I figure with more money coming into the house each month I could use some of it to do those kinds of things on the weekend. Sounds logical enough to me.

I didn't figure things to happen so quickly, but within a couple of days of making the decision, I find myself the new care taker of another VERY active little boy. He's younger than O by almost a year and a half, but I think it's going to be beneficial for the both of them. O with have another playmate..someone to socialize with and Lil C will have an older brother-type to look up to and learn from. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he learns the good stuff that Critter has to offer and not his bad habits. What are the odds that'll happen? Bah..surely it will be all good.

Monday is the day so wish me luck won't you. Somehow I think I'm going to need it.

No comments: